- Discipline: Plan exercise in your day
- Skills: Learn specific practices
- Habits: Enjoy healthful activities regularly and they will become habits
- Find an accountability partner, socialize and network around healthy habits, work with a professional if needed.
Stay motivated with:
Managing stress with healthy activities.
• Journal: Write down your thoughts—especially after the previous breathing or walking exercise.
• Dance, play, and laugh.
• Make something with your hands (bread, art, or crafts.)
• Plant, grow, and nurture a garden.
• Organize your workspace.
• Just breathe and take in all that life has to offer.
From "Fire Up Your Profile For LifeWork Success."
Write down acute and/or chronic stressors you are currently experiencing. Creating an awareness of your stressors and whether they are chronic or acute will help motivate you to practice stress reducing habits and change your lifestyle if needed.
“When health experts take a look at the indices of health, one aspect stands out among the others; support groups, also known as friends. Some psychologists have a name for this. They call it The Buffer Theory, suggesting that good friends tend to buffer us from the stress of life. They cushion the blow of sudden change, and catch us when we fall.” Brian Luke Seaward
“If you can bring yourself to forgive and forget, you are likely to enjoy lower blood pressure, a stronger immune system, and a drop in the stress hormones circulating in your blood, studies suggest.” WebMD.
Contact a friend and tell them how much you appreciate them.
Take few minutes to breath deeply through your nose as you fill your belly with air.
If you practice Mindfulness, you will remember and visualize all that your senses took in at those special moments.
From "Fire Up Your Profile For LifeWork Success"
Brief Breathing meditation audio.
Try this mindfulness activity:
Take a few moments for Healthy Stress Exercises. Healthy stress is all about use & relax
It is easy to eat healthy and colorful.
Check your plate at every meal to make sure you are eating a colorful diet.
Add 2 healthy exercises to your schedule this week.